Our Process/ What to Expect
Our team of highly qualified, caring and experienced medical professionals are ready to help.
At PhysicianOne Urgent Care, our focus is on our patients. In fact, our entire process was developed with you mind—we want your visits to our centers to be as easy as possible. That's why we offer flexible hours (with no need to make an appointment) and accept most major insurances. We also utilize an advanced electronic medical record (EMR) system. This system shares your health information (as long as you’ve given us your approval) with your primary care provider, specialists, and local area hospitals in order to make sure we’re all on the same page.
Our process is easy. And, no matter which PhysicianOne Urgent Care center you visit—it’s always the same. It involves just a few simple steps:
Check In or Pre-Register
- Registration: You can pre-register by checking-in online or printing out our registration form and bringing it with you to the PhysicianOne Urgent Care center that's most convenient for you. Click here to find a center near you. Please remember to bring your license, insurance card, and form of payment with you at the time of visit.
Note: Minors, children under 18, must be accompanied by parent or legal guardian.
- After the registration process is complete, a staff member will take you into a private exam room where you’ll begin your exam with a radiological technologist or medical assistant. They’ll take down information about why you came for treatment. Some of the information they’ll ask about is your past medical history, surgical history, a list of your current medications, and then they’ll take basic vital signs.
- Once you’re finished with your pre-evaluation, your provider will visit you and perform a complete evaluation. Your provider will listen to your concerns, examine you, and then formulate a plan of diagnostic testing (if needed). Testing can include X-rays, blood and urine tests, or an EKG. This information will be used to assist in making a diagnosis and treatment plan.
- After any testing is performed, the provider will make a diagnosis and treatment plan, and make sure you’re comfortable with the information shared.
- You will then be given discharge information. This includes your diagnosis and information regarding your condition, any prescriptions with instructions, and follow-up care in a handy packet for you to take home.
It is always recommended to follow up with your primary care doctor after any urgent care visit.
Our PhysicianOne Urgent Care staff continues to care about your health, even after you leave. Within 48 hours of your visit, you can expect to receive a follow-up call to see how you’re feeling. Additionally, our EMR system will keep your medical records on file and send a copy of your visit to your primary care provider for easy access and coordination.